Dear friendliest friends,
Mind, Body and Soul comprise of elements in the Wellness Wheel. Wellness is a topic that is very foreign in our society. I cannot stress enough that it is better to stay well than to get well. I often wonder why do people wait till they have an issue before seeking assistance?
When I explain Wellness to my patients, I use ownership of a car as an example. Why do we go the extra mile to send our cars for servicing even though it is functioning fine? The reason being it is part of maintenance and wellness of the vehicle. Fixing the vehicle would be far more expensive compared to scheduled maintenance.
Overall wellness is divided into:-
- Physical Wellness Physical wellness is the ability to take charge of your health by making conscious decisions to be healthy. This factor considers overall health and what you need to do to maintain a healthy quality of life.
- Spiritual Wellness Spiritual wellness is the ability to discover meaning and purpose in life. This factor helps to establish peace and harmony in our lives.
- Emotional Wellness Emotional wellness is the ability to be in touch with with your feelings and emotions. Being in a state of emotional wellness helps us to cope with the emotional challenges of life.
- Intellectual Wellness Intellectual wellness is the ability to be open to new experiences and ideas in order to continue growing.
- Occupational Wellness Occupational wellness is the ability of the person to find fulfillment in your job and know that it has meaning.
- Environmental Wellness Environmental wellness inspires us to live a lifestyle that is respectful of our surroundings.
- Financial Wellness Financial wellness improves financial behaviour and outcomes while also driving business impact.
Ultimately, what we do want in life is to be well. It may sound very simplistic to a lot of people but the simpler things are, the harder it is to achieve. We as advocates of “wellness” are built on helping you to achieve your golden years in the most optimistic way.
Yours in good health,